Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
deploying resource files (css, javascript and images) for infragistics controls to test or production server
posted

Hi,  I have some questions on what resource files (css, javascript and images) are required to use the infragistics controls during development and what files need to be deployed to test or production environment

when I drop a infragistics data control on to a form and bind data to it from code behind, nothing gets displayed until I apply some styles to it. it is not the same for Microsoft controls, for example I can just drop a Gridview and bind data to it, it works perfectly by applying its own default styles automatically.

after adding an infragistics control on to a form and go to designer, I get a prompt to import default style sheet and if I click OK, lots of javascript files, css and images are copied to my root directory. do I need so many resource files just to use one control (for example WebDataTree)? In infragistics online documentation, it says that resource files are embedded within the controls themselves, so in that case why these files need to be copied to my website? do I need to copy all these files to test server as well then?

also if I want to customise the styles to my own for a consistent look through out the website through a skin file, how can I do that? there is no documentation on how I can change the styles of for example WebDataTree nodes, child nodes, expand and collapse images etc. Please clarify.

Thanks in advance