Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebMaskEditor set fouce problem
posted

I can't seem to set focus on my WebMaskEditor. I am using Javascript to test the length of the value,

set focus back if length is incorrect.  Using Valuechanged event to execute the following

function AcctNumValidation() {

// var acctNum = MasterForm.MainContent_WQWebGroupBox_WQedittxtAcctNum.value;

// if (acctNum.length == 0 || acctNum.length == 7 ) {

// MasterForm.MainContent_WQWebGroupBox_WQtxtValMsg.value = "";

// return true;

// }

// else {

// MasterForm.MainContent_WQWebGroupBox_WQtxtValMsg.value = "Account # must be 7 digits";

// MasterForm.MainContent_WQWebGroupBox_WQedittxtAcctNum.focus();

// return false;

// }

// }

Thanks Dan

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Dan,

Usage of explicit attributes of html elements is not supported by editors. You need to use member methods. Something, like below.
    var editor = $find("WebMaskEditor1");
    //var editor = $find("<%=WebMaskEditor1.ClientID%>");
    var value = editor.get_value();
    var text = editor.get_text();

If editor does not have focus and you need to get value/text in focused state, then it is not simple and can be rather tricky. You may call editor.setFocus(); method, but browser will set actual focus with a delay. So, you need a handler for the focus event of browser (or ClientEvents.Focus or editor), or at least create a delay/setTimeout, or similar. Only within that event/delay, you may get focused value.

Children
No Data