Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
FireFox Issue with Infragistic WebGrid and WebCombo Control
posted

As it’s a well known issue that after being firefox version 3.6 the Infragistic UltraWebGrid does not behaves correctly i.e we can’t able to edit the grid.

This issue exists in the “ig_Wedgrid.js” file inside the function “igtbl_getAbsBounds”. This is the inbuilt file of the Infragistic to support grid functionality

To fix this issue i have been following the solution provided in the following link:http://blogs.infragistics.com/forums/p/37295/218919.aspx

I.e to replace     else if (ig_csom.IsFireFox && document.getBoxObjectFor (elem)) with else if (ig_csom.IsFireFox && document.getBoxObjectFor)

Now in my project, I have created my own user control i.e UXGrid derived from UltraWebGrid

public class UXGrid:UltraWebGrid

So in the OnPreRender event I am registering

System.Web.UI.ScriptManager scriptManager1 = ystem.Web.UI.ScriptManager.GetCurrent(Page);

scriptManager1.Scripts.Add(new System.Web.UI.ScriptReference("~/Javascript/ig_WebGrid.js"));

Where ig_WebGrid.js present in the “JavaScript” folder containing the correct above mentioned changes

This fixes the issue of the Grid and Now the Grid become editable and works fine for me.

However I am facing the Issue in the WebCombo control.

As we know that WebCombo is as well internally using the UltraWebGrid, So I am facing the same issue i.e I can’t able to select any item present inside the WebCombo in the Firefox browser after version 3.6.

Same as above I have my own user control created in my project derived from WebCombo as below:

public class UXWebCombo : WebCombo

However in the same way when I am trying to register the JavaScript as below:

System.Web.UI.ScriptManager scriptManager1 = System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.GetCurrent(Page);

scriptManager1.Scripts.Add(new System.Web.UI.ScriptReference("~/Javascript/ig_WebGrid.js"));

this.Columns.Band.Grid.JavaScriptFileName = this.Page.ResolveUrl("~/Javascript/ig_WebGrid.js");

This does not worked for me. However when I am using the above code as below:

System.Web.UI.ScriptManager scriptManager1 = System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.GetCurrent(Page);

this.Columns.Band.Grid.JavaScriptFileNameCommon = this.Page.ResolveUrl("~/Javascript/ig_WebGrid.js");

This Worked for me.

So I want to understand why this is happening and what is the exact difference between the “JavaScriptFileName” and “JavaScriptFileNameCommon” Property and is what I am doing seems correct for your side.