Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problem in Autopostback from Item_Click of WebDataMenu
posted

Hi,

I have a problem with ItemClick event of WebDataMenu. When I click on the item menu, the event is raised on server-side. That is correct. After clicking my menu item, if I click a button on the same page the click event of the button is not raised and the ItemClick is raised instead. From the moment I click my menu item, if I click my button after that, it will always fire the ItemClick event and not the ButtonClick event... Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks. Here's my code:

I have this webDataMenu and this button on my aspx page:

<ig:WebDataMenu runat="server" ID="ContextMenu" IsContextMenu="false" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1" BorderColor="#CCCCCC" >

<AutoPostBackFlags ItemClick="On" />

<Items>

<ig:DataMenuItem Text="Exportar" Key="export" ImageUrl="../images/excel.png" />

</Items>

</ig:WebDataMenu>

<

igtxt:WebImageButton ID="WebImageButton1" runat="server" Text="exportar">

</igtxt:WebImageButton>

And then I have both events on server-side:

Private Sub ContextMenu_ItemClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Infragistics.Web.UI.NavigationControls.DataMenuItemEventArgs) Handles ContextMenu.ItemClick

WebExcelExporter1.DataExportMode = DataExportMode.AllDataInDataSource

Dim excelFormat As  Infragistics.Excel.WorkbookFormat = Infragistics.Excel.WorkbookFormat.Excel97To2003

Dim wBook As Infragistics.Excel.Workbook = New  Infragistics.Excel.Workbook(excelFormat)

WebExcelExporter1.Export(wBook, 0, 0, WebDataGrid1)

End Sub

Private Sub WeImageButton1_ItemClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Infragistics.WebUI.WebDataInput.ButtonEventsEventArgs) Handles WeImageButton1.Click

End Sub

Offline posted

Hi soniaalves,

Are you sure you are using last version of our controls? I did the following reproduce:

<ig:WebDataMenu ID="WebDataMenu1" runat="server" OnItemClick="WebDataMenu1_ItemClick">

<Items>

<ig:DataMenuItem Text="menu1">

</ig:DataMenuItem>

<ig:DataMenuItem Text="menu2">

</ig:DataMenuItem>

</Items>

</ig:WebDataMenu>

<ig:WebScriptManager ID="WebScriptManager1" runat="server">

</ig:WebScriptManager>

<igtxt:WebImageButton ID="WebImageButton1" runat="server" OnClick="WebImageButton1_Click">

<Appearance>

<Image Url="./excel.png" />

</Appearance>

</igtxt:WebImageButton>

and in the code behind:

protected void WebImageButton1_Click(object sender, Infragistics.WebUI.WebDataInput.ButtonEventArgs e)

{

}

protected void WebDataMenu1_ItemClick(object sender, Infragistics.Web.UI.NavigationControls.DataMenuItemEventArgs e)

{

}

And when I debug, it hits the breakpoints with right events,

when I click Menu Item OnItemClick event is fired, when clicking Button, OnClick event is fired.

Do you have something else in the OnItemClick event handler, I mean something that changes the properties of the WebImageButton?