Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDropDown - Accessing SelectedValue property occassionally causes an exception
posted

Hi,

Using 9.2.20092.2014, .NET 3.5

I've run into an issue using the WebDropDown control that seems to be random, but also occurs frequently enough that it is problematic for end-users.

I have a WebDropDown on a UltraWebTab pane with a variety of other controls.  The user provides their input on the various tab panes, and submits the page for postback.

Occasionally and with no discernable pattern, the postback results in an "object reference not set to an instance of an object" exception with the following stack trace:

at Infragistics.Web.UI.ListControls.WebDropDown.get_SelectedValue()

So it appears that the crash is occuring when I try to access the SelectedValue property of the control.

I realize this is difficult since it is not readily reproducible, but if someone could tell me what the control is doing when I access the SelectedValue property, I might be able to figure out the root cause.

Any idea what would cause a Null Reference Exception to be thrown by the control when you access the SelectedValue property???

Parents Reply Children
No Data