Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Issues with IE - operation aborted. Possible mvscriptmanager changing DOM too soon...
posted

Hi

I have had a lot of success with MVC and placing several controls on one page/

I have a page with 2 partial views:

1) One partial view writes out a custom control which is a WebDayView calendar.

The ascx requires a mvc script manager at the bottom.

2) One partial view writes out a custom control with a WebHierarchicalDataGrid.

The ascx requires a script manager at the bottom. Works well.

Action 1:

If I add a second control (a WebDataMenu) with IsContextMenu=true to the first Partial view (used as a rightclick context menu)

I get a HTTP error:

"IE cannot open the Internet Site http://localhost/ .. Operation aborted."

If I add the scriptmanager above the WebDataMenu I do not get an error but cannot referenced the webmenu in js so can not show it with ShowAt on a right-click(mouse down) WebDayView event.

Action 2:

If I REM out the 2nd partial view in the page, and thus only have one 1 partial view, and ascx then both the WebDayView and WebDataMenu work correctly with full functionality.

I've tried playing with where I place the script mangers even placing it in the Master page.

Solution:

I also know that one of the scriptmanagers/controls might be trying to manipulate the DOM before it has loaded, and this is discussed

with your vanilla offering, but much of the MVC Infragistics support is limited.

Kind regards,

Steve