Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Migrating from 9.1 to 9.2
posted

I have a calendar application that could use some of the functionality of 9.2. My question is, what has changed, *exactly* with regard to the WebScheduler. How would I need to change my schema/procs etc. I don't want to just have the install run a script and blow away my schema.

Thanks!

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

The NetAdvantage installer doesn't run a script on your DB that blows away your schema, so you never need to worry.

There is a SQL upgrade script that you would need to run manually in order to upgrade a standard WebSchedule schema version 2 (6.2 through 9.1) schema to work on WebSchedule 9.2 or higher, it is briefly described here:

http://help.infragistics.com/Help/NetAdvantage/ASPNET/2009.2/CLR3.5/html/WebSchedule_Update_Data_and_Stored_Procedures.html

If you have customized your schema from WebSchedule schema version 2, then you will want to examine this upgrade SQL script and adapt your existing custom schema accordingly (for instance, change column and table names in the stored procedures to fit your own column and table names). 

Some of the changes that stand out to me:

• It creates 2  new stored procedures:
      • Activity_SelAllByDate
      • Recurrence_SelAll
    • It alters several stored procedures to add [ActivityResource].[ResourceID] at the end of the select clauses (after the timestamp, _ts) in:
      • Activity_SelByDate
      • Activity_Sel
      • Recurrence_Sel
      • Reminder_Sel
      • Variance_Sel

WebScheduleGenericDataProvider has a different schema that anticipates new development. It's a new and different approach compared to WebSchedule schema version 2.

Children
No Data