Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Postback causes dropdown to loose its content...
posted

Hello!

I have a small problem with my cascading webdropdowns. One page load, I am setting the selectedvalue property of the first dropdown and when I open that dropdown and selects a new item, a postback will be done and everything works as it should. the second dropdown is updated! the problem is that if I reselect the default value directly after the page load, it feels like the page does some sort of silent postback and the content in the dropdown is lost.

i have looked at this during debug and none of the server events that i am using (DataBinding, DataBound, ValueChanged) are fired. But when I look at the control it really feels like it is doing a postback (it takes some time for the dropdown to close).

To make it easy for all of you experts out there, i have published a small test page that can be viewed as well as the source code for this simple page..

http://profilesolutions.lindab.com/Informationgateway/LindabStructuralDesigner/Webdropdowntest.aspx

Please try it and simply open the first dropdown and reselect the option that is default when the page is loaded. All the images will disappear...

Thanks for your help!

/Henrik

WebDropDownTest.zip
Parents Reply Children
No Data