Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDropDown in SharePoint
posted

Greetings!

I'm having some difficulty getting the WebDropDown control working in a custom SharePoint webpart. Specifically, the web part will not display at all, and instead I get the generic 'An unexpected error has occurred' page from SharePoint. I've checked my SharePoint logs, and am unable to find a more verbose description of the error.

I have implemented this webpart to load the WebDropDown via a custom web user control (during the CreateChildControls method), which I've had great success with in the past. When I view the custom web user control containing the WebDropDown outside of my SharePoint environment (i.e. on my development PC), everything loads and works as expected.

I have gone through the steps here to enable ASP.NET AJAX in my SharePoint environment, but to be honest this is the first control from the NetAdvantage ASP.NET AJAX CLR3x toolset that I've tried using.  Other webparts from the ASP.NET CLR 3x (non-AJAX) toolset are working great in similar implementations.

SharePoint Environment:  MOSS 2007 SP2
.NET Framework:  I have 2.0 through 3.5 SP1 installed on the server
NetAdvantage:  Running v9.1.20091.2067

Please let me know if further information is needed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tristan

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Well it would appear I jumped the gun with my post, and simply missed the obvious, but I figured I should post the solution here in case others have the same problem.  It turns out the SharePoint master page template I was using (BlueTabs) did not include a ScriptManager control.  Once I added that at the top of the form in the masterpage, things are working properly.

Children
No Data