Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Multi-select checkbox with "All" option
posted

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to build a functionality of multi-select checkbox with "All" option. Selecting "All" should select all the available options in the WebDropDown and unselecting it should de-select all the options.

Is this a default feature of WebDropDown or do I have to write some code to achieve this functionality?

I will appreciate any help or ideas from the community!!

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hi,

This functionality is not supported out of the box, but it can be achieved by adding a "special" item to the dropdown that has the text "Select All", then enable multiple selection in the following way: EnableMultipleSelection=True, MultipleSelectionType=Checkbox. 

After that you can handle the SelectionChaning/SelectionChanged events, and in the client side traverse all items and select them:

for (var i=0; i< dropDown.getLength(); i++)

{

var item =  dropDown.get_items().getItem(i);

item.select();

}

Hope it helps. Let me or the Development Support group know if you have any further questions. 

Angel

Children
No Data