Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
official line on script combining?
posted

Hi - I've been looking into script combining - but I'm confused as to whether or not this is supported yet (I'm using 9.1.2087 - ASP.Net 3.5).

I did try combining the scripts and even tried putting this line in my Page_Init

Infragistics.WebUI.Shared.Util.ClientScript.EnableScriptCombining(True)

but I still get errors...so wanted to check if I'm not doing it right...or it just isn't supported yet?

and along the same lines - are you looking into combining the .css files as well, as I notice if you have a number of your controls on a page it will generate 1 request for each control to pull down the relevant css file - so again combining them all into one would reduce page load times.

cheers,

Jonathan

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hello Jonathan,

Script combining is a feature that is part of VS 2008 SP1, and due to its limitation of the # of scripts it can combine, we were not able to support it for all the scenarios and thus its not supported.

I agree that script combining is an important feature and we are looking into ways of supporting it in future version of the product, and it will not just combine scripts, but also CSS.

If you have any suggestions around how you'd like to work/configure this feature, shoot me an email : murtazaa@infragistics.com

-Taz.

Children
No Data