Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Can Page Size be set for WebImageViewer
posted

Hi there,

I have a web image viewer that we preload groups of 4 images into. This is fine.

Is it possible to set the page size so that when it scrolls to the next group it goes to all 4 images?

For some reason I can only get it to do three at a time, however this is not consistent.

A related issue I have is that it only scrolls when I click the Next/Previous buttons or drag my mouse. Do I have to have a client side JS to invoke this scrolling automatically? I thought it could be achived with the following settings;

uxMediaSlideShow.ScrollAnimations.Type =

ScrollAnimation.Page;

uxMediaSlideShow.ScrollAnimations.Page.EquationType =

AnimationEquationType.EaseInOut;

uxMediaSlideShow.ScrollAnimations.Page.Duration = 100;

I would really like to scroll continuous, by page of 4 images, but so far I cannot find how to set this.

Any pointers appreciated.

Steve

posted in reply to Bartlomiej

Hello,

For a SlideShow like animation, you can refer this thread:

http://community.infragistics.com/forums/p/29233/125712.aspx#125712

In my last reply I have attached a sample SlideShow web site, built using WebImageViewer.

As it comes for the page size, you cannot explicitly set such a property, as it is calculated dynamically. The control is designed to automatically check the last fully visible image, and scrolls to the image which is next to it. If you imagine that you have such size of WebImageViewer that shows fully 3 images, and 99% of a 4th image (assume, only couple of pixels are not visible from the 4th image), then the control will slide to such position that the 4th image, which was not fully visible, will become very first. And so on. So, the page size is not consistent, because images are not with consistent sizes. Some become wider, some become thiner. One page can contain 4 full image, next can contain 3 full images. If you would were to set page size manually, you might went into situation where some images are never shown full (for example, always shown just half/cut/with missing pixels). In general, your page size shall not change, if all images are equal in size, and (with trial and fail) you find the exact Width/Height for WebImageViewer which displays exactly 4 images and they fully fill the viewport.

I little summary on image sizes in WebImageViewer.
    Assume we have Horizontal orientation of WebImageViewer. Then all images are automatically sized to Height equals viewport height, and Width sized constraining original image propotions. Thus having portrait and landscape oriented images, will become with different widths, even if they were equal in Width originally.

Situation is similar with Vertical orientation of WebImageViewer. However now, all the images are sized to Width which equals the viewport width. And Height is sized constraining original proportions.

posted

I have the same problem now. Is it possible to set the Page size in javascript?

Thanks

Bartek