Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Upgrading My Project From ASP.NET Infragistics 2007 Volume 1 To Latest Version
posted

Dear Sir,

I have developed a Project in ASP.NET2.0(With AJAX) using Infragistics 2007 Volume 1(file name NetAdvantage_20071_CLR2x_ASPNET  for your reference) with Hotfix 1059 (hotfix file name NetAdvantage_20071_CLR2x_HotFix_1059 for your reference). And My Project is running from 2 years in production and is well and good. my project is running fine.

We found many new features in the latest version in www.infragistics.com website. and i took new licence.

Now i want to know the below queries

1. For my License what is the latest version of ASP.NET infragistics controls are available.

2. When i download my licensed infragistics i got the following file related to the ASP.NET Infragistics

NetAdvantage_ASPNET_20081_CLR20

NetAdvantage_ASPNET_20081_CLR35

NetAdvantage_ASPNET_20081_CLR35_Product and

NetAdvantage_ASPNET_20081_CLR20_Product  zip files

from the above which i should install in my PC. Whether i have latest version with me or not. if not what is the latest version i should download from my infragistics downloads.

3. What are the steps to upgards my project to latest infragistics controls ?

4. Most importantly now as i menstioned start of this query that my project is in ASP.NET2.0.

if am not going to change my visual studio version than what will be my latest infratistics controls version i should go for. OR if i upgarde my project to Visual studio 2008 then what will be my latest infragistics control.

5. Do i have to take specific notes before going to upgradation of infragistics control for my project ??

Please guid me to upgardation process.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Rawoof

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hello Rawoof, 

If you need help, you can always contact our developer support and they can help you clear any doubts and help you with the process. Here are answers to the questions you asked: 

1. SInce you are on CLR 2.0, you can upgrade to the latest version 2009 Volume 1 CLR 2.0. 

2. You will need CLR20 files because that contains the dlls that work against CLR 2.0

3. Take a look at the following help topic on upgrading ASP.NET Projects

http://help.infragistics.com/Help/NetAdvantage/ASPNET/2009.1/CLR3.5/html/Web_Upgrading_Your_ASP_NET_Projects.html

4. If you move to CLR 3.5 or VS 2008, then you will need the CLR35 product which is compatible with CLR 3.5. 

5. I would recommend you back up your project and do the update. 

Hope this helps. 

-Taz. 

Children
No Data