Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Can't get styling to work
posted

I'm trying to use a WebDropDown control on a form but can't get anything but a small textbox and a red X. 

I'm using VS2008 and NetAdvantage 9.1 under Vista32.  This machine originally had 8.3 installed and 9.1 installed later.

From what I understand, when I dropped the control on the form, I should have been asked about copying the stylesheet into the project.  I did not get that question.  I've manually created an ig_res folder in my project and copied the default stylesheets and image folder to that folder.  No change.  I've tried specifying the path in the control as <ig:WebDropDown ID="WebDropDown1" EnableAppStyling="true" StyleSetName="Default" StyleSetPath="~/ig_res" runat="server" Width="200px">, no change.  I've tried adding a <infragistics.web enableAppStyling="true" styleSetName="Default" styleSetPath="~/ig_res/" /> line in web.config but no one ever specifies which section to put it in and I get an error everyplace I try.  I've looked for the Application Styling Configuration Tool but it's not listed under Tools.  I've tried using the Add In Manager to add it but I get "The Add-in 'Application Styling Configuration Dialog' failed to load or caused an exception...Error Message: <Unknown Error>...Error number: 8013150a".

I'm confident the control would work if I could only get the styling to work but I just don't know what else to try.  Any help would be appreciated.