Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Other HTML elements are hidden by Splitter in IE
posted

Hi, my problem is, that I made a CSS-drop down menu on top of my page over the splitter pane which holds the main content. In Firefox and Opera (nearly) everything works (except other probs) but in IE 7 the drop-down menu is hidden by the Splitter. I tried z-index: 500000 but even that didn't work.

Can anybody help me?

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

That issue sounds rather strange. I do not think that is related to splitter by itself, but it probably happens due to its properties or configuration of other elements on your page. If menu is hidden under splitter (but not under its content), then you may try to check attibutes of splitter html element and properties of all its parents. You may look at generated html, find main DIV html element used by splitter and check its style attributes. I think that you should check at least value of style.position. The IE has poor support for position:relative, so if it is the case, then try to use other values. I would suggest to remove position at all and use default "flow" layout of browser. In this case your menu (which probably has position:absolute) will always appear on top.

If splitter DIV is okay, then you should check all parents of splitter and check their style attributes.
    Note: if you use css, then style.position may come from one of those classes.

Children
No Data