Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Remove Sort image
posted

I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple, but is there anyway NOT to have a sort image on column headers. The sorting will always be ascending so an image is unnecessary. I have the Ascending and DescendingImageURL's on the sorting behavior blank, yet I get the ugly red "X" next to my column header when I click on it to sort. The grid also seems to sort ascending and descending on its own ignoring my intervention on the ColumnSorted event.  Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Verified Answer
    posted

Two options come immediately to mind:

• Sort the data as you pull it into the grid's DataSource, rather than using the grid's sorting functionality. As far as the grid is concerned, it will have no idea that the data is "sorted."  You can then "disallow" sorting on the columns altogether, avoiding the need to cancel events.
    • Provide a 1-pixel-by-1-pixel transparent image as your sort indicators.  I believe you'll find one in the virtual directory /igcommon/Images as installed on your development machine, assuming that you have Internet Information Services (IIS) on that machine as well.  I don't recall the file name of the image itself, and I don't have my development environment set up to verify it.  Even with this approach, you'd still have to intervene with events (likely client-side events) to prevent sorting, which is likely more work than it's worth.