Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Clipboard Copying
posted

We need to be able to copy grids' cell/row contents to the clipboard. Am I correct in my assumption that this behavior is not supported by default? Ctrl+C on a cell/row does not do anything and I am unable to highlight the actual text in a cell in order to copy it.

We have somewhat of a workaround by using a javascript event handler for document.onkeyup/down, trapping the ctrl+c combination, and then looping through selected rows/cols/cells. Unfortunately, this breaks support for shortcut copying elsewhere on the entire page. I could probably make it so it only traps the ctrl+c combination if there are activated/selected cells/rows, but that would only fix copying elsewhere prior to selecting something. I also thought about only trapping the ctrl+c combination if the grid was focused, but I was unable to determine that (I tried attaching handlers to focus/blur to set a boolean but could not get the events to be raised).

Is there a better way to accomplish this?

posted

Hello,

Please take a look at the sample below:

http://samples.infragistics.com/2008.2/webfeaturebrowser/default.htm
    Grid-> Working with Excel (Copy Paste and Export)

Hope this helps.