Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Print / Legend and Annotations
posted

Hello,

i am looking for a way that generics add the text that is normally shown in the legend to all lines of a splineChart or lineChart. 

The reason is, if people print a large chart they cant see differences in the colors. If many rows are used this problem gets bigger and bigger.

So i need a way how a person can identify a line of a spline chart. I know there are annotations. But are they work for my needs? They should be placed automatically in a way that the chart still looks readable. 

Or are there some other suggestions how i could add this information? 

Here an example that should explain what i mean:

I thought of the way to add a Y2 axis and to show that labels there? That should work but what do i if 5 lines are in 5 pixels like the lower ones.  That should me a mix of annotation and axis labels so that paints connectors to each line of the chart. Is there a way or is it just not possible? 

Thanks for your help

Holger

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

there is a way, but there's no feature of the chart which handles these requirements.

the solution is to handle the FillSceneGraph event and write your own custom logic to add Line, Box, and Text primitives to e.SceneGraph in the event handling code.

Children
No Data