Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Bar Chart Y axis serieslabel problem... hoping for some help
posted

Hello Experts 

I am a beginner at using Infragistics and my first attempt at using the product has produced a bar chart that is close to what I want but I am having problems with a Y axis label.

the code that I am interested in is as follows (it is found in the html markup portion for my aspx page) 

<Y LineThickness="1" TickmarkInterval="0" TickmarkStyle="Smart" Visible="True">
                                <MinorGridLines AlphaLevel="255" Color="LightGray" DrawStyle="Dot" Thickness="1"
                                    Visible="False" />
                                <MajorGridLines AlphaLevel="255" Color="Gainsboro" DrawStyle="Dot" Thickness="1"
                                    Visible="True" />
                                <Labels Font="Verdana, 7pt" FontColor="DimGray" HorizontalAlign="Far" ItemFormatString="&lt;ITEM_LABEL&gt;"
                                    Orientation="Horizontal" VerticalAlign="Center">

<SeriesLabels Font="Verdana, 7pt" FontColor="Red" HorizontalAlign="Center" Orientation="VerticalLeftFacing"
                                        VerticalAlign="Center">

</SeriesLabels>
                                </Labels>
                            </Y>

I found a sample on the infragistics site that looks pretty much like the chart I am trying to produce and it even has the html vb ASP.NET code to give me some clues on what might be wrong. But I can not figure it out.

http://samples.infragistics.com/2007.3/webfeaturebrowser/default.htm

My chart shows the view name in front of the field name. So it reads "vmychartdata_.Yes" instead of "Yes" and "vmychartdata_.No" instead of 'No"

I replace my SeriesLabels code with what I found in the example and I get the same results.

Results: "vmychartdata_.Yes" instead of "Yes" and "vmychartdata_.No" instead of 'No"

<SeriesLabels Font="Verdana, 7pt" Visible="True" HorizontalAlign="Center" FontSizeBestFit="False" ClipText="True" FormatString="&lt;SERIES_LABEL&gt;" Orientation="VerticalLeftFacing" WrapText="False" Flip="False" FontColor="Black" VerticalAlign="Near" OrientationAngle="0"></SeriesLabels>

Any Ideas??

Regards,

Renee

Parents
    Offline posted

By default, if the chart is data bound, the labels come from your datasource. If you don't have a separate column for the row label, you can specify an array of strings to be used for rows instead:

chart.Data.SetRowLabels(New String(){"Yes", "No"})

Reply Children
No Data