Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
DocumentExporter displays empty grid rows
posted

The UltraWebGrid Exporter seems to be an easy tool to use - however...

When I export a grid with 63 rows (probably any row count) it displays only the RowSelectors (63 of them). 

I manually bind the data to the grid via a table in a dataset.  That is, something like this:
this.wg.DataSource = oClientList.DataSet.Tables["browse_table"];
this.wg.DataBind();

The data displays properly in the grid, the grid contains the bands, rows, and cells when I execute the Exporter 'Export' method, and there is a RowSelector displayed in the PDF for each row in the grid.  But no data.

Parents
    posted
    To All,Me thinks you will love this...Unless you specify the width of a column it stays 0.0px in the columns collection.  The DocumentExporter apparently does not attempt to size it's columns like the grid does - ie., it does not review the data in the various columns and then 'right size' itself.Actually, that gets me to thinking that an anal retentive guy like me might want to size my own columns anyway...Oh, well...

That is the answer.  All my columns were 0.0px wide.  So they were all scrunched up to the RowSelector.  When I manually size the column (ex. wg.Bands[0].Columns.FromKey("last_name").Width = Unit.Pixel(100);) than it magically appears.  This is actually rather nice.  Maybe I don't want to spend eons babysitting column widths for both the screen and for print.

Is there an easier solution out there???

Reply Children
No Data