Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Paging with server side DataSet (NOT SQL Table)
posted

I've been through many different examples illustrating the paging functionality on the server side using ObjectDataSource, strongly typed DataSets, and SQL 2005.  Does anyone have an example or know how to get the paging functionality to work with a server side DataSet.  When I say server side, I mean one that is created dynamically on the Page_Load event.  I cannot hook this up directly to a SQL table because we mine data from thousands of remote SQL servers, so we get the entire data packet as a DataSet and store it as a session variable. 

I used to be able to handle my own paging logic with the DataSet in the PageIndexChanged event of the UltraWebGrid.  Now with the Aikido control, you do not have a NewPageIndex property of Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.PagingEventArgs and I am confused as to why.

Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks.

Parents
    posted

Hello,

Thanks for writing and for the detailed description of your problem. I believe the closest we have in WebDataGrid for that is Custom Paging through template. If you check out this example,  you will see that you can control the paging template and fire custom paging events, then change the current page using something similar to:

void currentPageControl_PageChanged(object sender, PageChangedEventArgs e)
        {
            this.WebDataGridView.Behaviors.Paging.PageIndex = e.PageNumber;
        }

More info and complete source code can be found in the code tabs above the example.

HTH,

Reply Children
No Data