Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Deployment for IG controls and dlls
posted

Hello.

I now have several sites that use the infragistics asp controls. Is there a way to upload to my server only once, the necessary dlls, scripts, images, etc, and all my sites can read these from the specific location? I mean I would like to have them in one place, and not in the bin folders of each of my sites...

Thanks

posted

Absolutely.

For the assemblies, this is what the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) is for.  You might be able to provide your own assembly-loading logic, but this is not generally recommended.

For remaining resources (scripts, images, and so on), you can establish a single virtual directory into which these resources are placed.  You can point any of your web applications to this virtual directory by using the web.config file.  Information on what to include in the web.config file is provided in the following article of our online Knowledge Base:
    HOWTO:  Use web.config file to assign the JavaScript and Image directory locations