Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Number Formatting on Excel Columns
posted

Hi,

What's the best way to format number columns in excel after export? I am using following which is a quick and dirty way of doing it I suppose:

for (int i = 0; i < 25; i++){ws1.Columns[i].CellFormat.FormatString = "#,##0.00_);[Red](#,##0.00)";}

Where the numbers are displayed with comma notation and negative numbers are displayed in red in parenthese. The 25 is random, I am just using it since I know I don't have more columns than that. I am trying to avoid using a hardcoded value like that. Instead I would prefer to enumerate through the WorksheetColumn collection. It is not possible to do it on this collection. I would love to do something like below:

foreach(NSExcel.WorksheetColumn col in ws1.Columns){col.CellFormat.FormatString = "#,##0.00_);[Red](#,##0.00)";}

Is there a way to accomplish something like this instead of using hardcoded column count?

Thanks.

Rajiv.