Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Uninstalling Ultimate UI for ASP.NET broke older version of Infragistics
posted

At my company, we have purchased Infragistics on multiple occasions over the years. In my own department, we have projects developed with NetAdvantage 2.1, 3.3, 4.2, 5.2 and so forth.

Although some of the exploratory projects that I have worked on use "latest and greatest" technology, I am also tasked with maintaining one of the oldest pieces of software in the company, an ASP.NET web forms application that uses NetAdvantage 2.1 and 2003 v3. 

With Microsoft's dropping of support for Internet Explorer, I was asked to look into upgrading the Infragistics version to Ultimate. I had partially mapped out an upgrade path, when I learned that Microsoft Edge has an "Internet Explorer" mode, making it unnecessary to upgrade this legacy application. We will definitely, however, look into Ultimate for future projects.

With the end of the evaluation period, I uninstalled Ultimate from my development machine. 

Unfortunately, uninstalling Ultimate broke the earlier installed versions of NetAdvantage on my development machine. As you can see from the image, the various JavaScript modules have not loaded for use by the Infragistics components. I have tried re-installing the older versions of NetAdvantage to no avail. HELP!

Offline posted

Hello,

I have been looking into your question and tested to uninstall one version of Ultimate UI for ASP.NET and install other. However, on my side, there is no issue.

What I could suggest is checking whether the targeted dll-s version is correct or creating a new project in order to test whether everything is working as expected in such a case.

Also in NetAdvantage for ASP.NET 2011 Volume 2 we made a lot of changes in our toolset, so this also could be the reason for such behavior.

However, please keep in mind that according to our support policy Infragistics products have one year of product service releases and three years of developer support. This means that versions like 2, 3, etc. are considered retired and they are no longer eligible for Developer Support Services.  More about Infragistics product lifecycle can be found here.

Having this in mind, I assume that a possible reason for your issue could be if you are using an older version under an environment or operating system where it is not supported.  Additional information about Infragistics supported environments can be found here.

My suggestion is to upgrade to a current version of the asp.net toolset and test how it behaves in this case.

Let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Teodosia Hristodorova

Software Developer