Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDataTree adding nodes server side
posted

I am manually adding nodes to a WebDataTree with code similar to that below - I'm used to the old UltraWebTree so perhaps I can't do this way but it seems logical...

Dim rootNode As DataTreeNode = tvFormContent.Nodes.Add(_form.Name)

' Get a list of categories defined for this form
For Each category As MobileFormCategory In _form.Categories

Dim categoryNode As DataTreeNode = rootNode.Nodes.Add(category.Name)

' Any questions within this category?
Dim formQuestions As List(Of MobileFormQuestion) = category.Questions
For Each question As MobileFormQuestion In category.Questions
Dim questionHeading As String = question.Heading & " " & "[" & question.DataTypeAsString & "]"
Dim questionNode As DataTreeNode = categoryNode.Nodes.Add(questionHeading)
Next

Next

The nodes are added to the tree and I can expand them however if I have multiple items at the same level they are displayed horizontally and not vertically as I would expect...

Offline posted

Hello Chris,

After investigating this further, I determined that the nodes are probably displayed horizontally due to missing styles. You could check the Web.config for the following line:

<infragistics.web enableAppStyling="true" styleSetName="Default" styleSetPath="~/ig_res" />

You could also specify the styleName and stylePath in the WebDataTree tag as follows:

<ig:WebDataTree ID="WebDataTree1" runat="server" Height="300px" Width="200px" StyleSetName="Default" StyleSetPath="~/ig_res">

Alternatively,  you could try adding nodes similarly to this way:

Dim numbers = New Integer() {1, 2, 4, 8}

For Each ctr As Integer In numbers

Dim newFeed As New Infragistics.Web.UI.NavigationControls.DataTreeNode()

newFeed.Text = ctr

newFeed.Text = ctr

WebDataTree1.Nodes.Add(newFeed)

WebDataTree1.Nodes.Add(newFeed)    

Next

If the nodes are still displayed horizontally could you please provide me a small isolated sample that replicates the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    Monika Kirkova,
    Infragistics