Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Intellisense for webdropdownitem not working
posted

I am trying to the get the selected item value and my intellisense doesn't give me any options for the dropdownitem.  I can see the Value in my debugger.  The value is there but I can't compile with I use :

List<Infragistics.Web.UI.ListControls.DropDownItem> selected = wdd.SelectedItems;

SWMove newMove = new SWMove();
        newMove.TicketID = ticketID;
        newMove.HWSerialNumber = hwID;
        newMove.SWSerialNumber = selected.Value;

I have none of the properties of the dropdownitem available in my intellisense.  How to I get these properties available for use in my code behind?  I have the using statement referencing the dll.   using Infragistics.Web.UI.ListControls;

Offline posted

Hello Natalie, 

Thank you for posting in our community. 

In this case there is no intellisense, as there is no such property Value for a collection. And this is what selected is – a collection of selected WebDropDown Items. In case you would like to access the Value of particular WDD Item from this collection, you can either access the first one like selected[0].Value /assuming you know there is only one item in the collection/, or iterate through all of the items and get the value in a similar manner.

For more samples and information, you can refer to:https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt654013.aspx