Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
aligning data in column is not working
posted

Hi,

We are using v11.2 and are trying to align data of a certain specific columns to right and checkbox to center. We ahve tried below mentioned code approaches but not working. We are generating columns from code-behind. Please help us how to set data to right side of a cell and checkboxes to center of cell.

1st approach

dim cckFld as new BoundCheckBoxField()

cckFld.cssClass= "alignRight"

<style>

.alignRight{ text-align:right}

</style>

2nd approach

protected Sub RowInit(......)

e.Row.Items.Item(ColumnNumber).Column.cssClass="alignRight"

End Sub

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Shadow,

Try updating your CSS class definition to align your column right to this:

.alignRight{

text-align:right !important;

}

And to align your checkboxes to the center:

.alignCenter{

text-align:center !important;

}

The reason you aren't seeing the columns content align to the right or the center is due to the grid on render applying a style with higher specificity on that sets the text-align property to left. By setting the important tag, the text-align property will always be set to what is found with the !important tag regardless of specificity. You can read up on specificity here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/Specificity

Also, I recommend referencing your CSS classes from your markup. You can do so by setting the CssClass attribute of the BoundDataField/BoundCheckBoxField element equal to your CSS class. The markup will look like this:

<ig:BoundCheckBoxField DataFieldName="Discontinued" Key="Discontinued" CssClass="alignCenter">
     <Header Text="Discontinued"></Header>
    </ig:BoundCheckBoxField>

I'm attaching a sample I used to test this behavior.

Let me know if you have any questions.

WHDGColumnCssClass.zip
Children
No Data