Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unable to open the xlsx after creating the workbook
posted

Hi,

I get a warning saying "we found a problem with some content. Do you want to recover ?" when i try to open an xlsx file generated using infragistics

Clicking on Yes gives a list of tables that were recovered.

Here is a sample of one of the tables - 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>

-<table xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main" headerRowCellStyle="Normal" headerRowDxfId="3" totalsRowShown="0" ref="A647:D686" displayName="someDisplayName" name="SomeName" id="2">

<autoFilter ref="A647:D686"/>

-<tableColumns count="4">

<tableColumn name=" " id="1" totalsRowCellStyle="Normal" totalsRowDxfId="4"/>

<tableColumn name=" 2" id="2" totalsRowCellStyle="Normal" totalsRowDxfId="5"/>

<tableColumn name=" 3" id="3"/>

<tableColumn name=" 4" id="4"/>

</tableColumns>

<tableStyleInfo name="Some Table" showColumnStripes="0" showRowStripes="1" showLastColumn="0" showFirstColumn="0"/>

</table>

This opens without any issues in xls. It would be really helpful if you could tell what the issue might be.

Thanks,

Vaishnavi

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Vaishnavi,

I see that you are facing with an Excel corruption error “we found a problem with some content. Do you want to recover ?” . After being on many forums and Q & As, I found out that this happens mostly in large sized Excel files or files with complex formulae. Please don’t worry, there are many workarounds to fix this. I am sharing them below:

Tip #1: Repair Corrupt Excel File”

1. Click on the “ File” menu, and then tap Open.
    2. Then, navigate to the location where the corrupt Excel file is saved.
    3. Click on arrow sign available next to Open button to select Open and Repair option.
    4. Next, click “Repair to recover maximum possible data”.
    5. If the repair is not able to recover the data from the workbook, select Extract Data to extract all possible formulas and values from the workbook.

Tip #2: Use External References to Link to the Damaged Workbook

Follow these steps:

1. In Excel, click File> > Open.
    2. Go to the folder where the corrupt file is saved.
    3. Right click on the file, select Copy, and then click on Cancel.
    4. Click on File and then New.
    5. Under the New option, click on Blank workbook.
    6. In the cell A1 of new workbook, type “ =File Name!A1 “
    7. If the Update Values dialog box appears, click the corrupt workbook, and choose”OK.”
    8. If Select Sheet dialog box appears, click the appropriate sheet, and then click OK.
    9. Select cell A1.
    10. Next, click on Home, and then click Copy.
    11. Starting in cell A1, select the area approximately the same size as that of the cell range that contains data in the damaged workbook.
    12. Next, click on  Home and select Paste.
    13. Keep the range of cells selected, click on Home and then Copy.
    14. Finally, click on Home, click on the arrow associated with Paste and under Paste Values click on Values.

This will remove the link to the corrupt workbook and will retrieve data. But, keep in mind, the recovered data will no longer contain formulas or calculated values.

You can check out this thread https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/Lync/en-US/e5692c4a-924d-44a5-985b-7878f3eb26de/corrupted-excel-file-repair?forum=excel]

Children
No Data