Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to use activatecolumn method on ultrawingrid
posted

Hi,

Can someone please help, describing how to use ActivateColumn methode on an object of Ultragrid.

I am using the following code but getting the error message "Object does not support this operation"

SwfWindow("P").SwfTable("Grid").ActivateColumn "0;e_type"

What I want to do is to explictly type something in one of the columns of header row of swftable. This is a single band table and I want to apply filter on column by typing some text in the filter row

Reason that I am not using the code generated by QTP to apply filter is that, it does apply the filter but "filter applied" is not show on one of the strip in applictation, though if I explicitily type something in the column header it shows "filter applied"

I need to capture this text.

Please help on this, if someone has any solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance

Harsh Pruthi

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Harsh,

Unfortunately as to Activating a Column, the reason why there is no action for it, is because there is no concept of an active column in the NetAdvantage grid only ActiveCell and ActiveRow.

As to the likely reason why it isn't showing the filter applied text that you are describing is that is likely done by your developer in response to an event that isn't being fired during replay. The event is likely not being fired because of the nature of the SetFilter action, and that we are not using the keyboard to type the string value in the filter cell, but instead we are dropping down the dropdown, and setting the SelectedItem property of the rowFilterValueList to the value of the item with the text supplied. If you use the mouse in the recording and not type do you get the filter applied text?

Children
No Data