Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Display xy Series in WebChart
posted
I'm using the new NetAdvantage for JSF 2008 - I have to display one/multiple time series in a Webchart. (Datapoints connected with lines: e.g. 'Speed over Time' OR 'Pressure over Speed' etc.) - I managed to handle most of the chart related stuff in Java Bean Code. - Until now I wasn't successful in displaying an xy series in a line chart. I suspect, that the Line Chart isn't the correct chart type to display xy series. So my Question is: => Which Chart Type must I take to display xy Series? => Or which settings must I perform for chart/series/input data to be able to display xy Series in a line chart? Best regards, Andrea
    posted

Hello, marlife!

I think any of the LineCharts would be correct for your purpose. I tried to display simple xy Series in a ClusterLineChart and it worked fine. Check if your dataMapping tag was assigned correct values. For example I have used the tag this way

dataMapping="value: population; markerCaption: caption;"

enclosed in the <ig:series /> tag. As a data source you have to bind a list that stores objects of the data type you want to display in your chart, e.g. 

dataSource="#{source.sourceList}"

sourceList contains objects with properties population and caption, mentioned in the dataMapping.

Bozhidar