Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebgridDocumentExporter + templated columns
posted

Hi All,

I am using asp.net 2.0 with infragistics webgrid 2008 volume1... My application requires exporting grid to PDF/Excel. Lot of my grids have templated columns. I came to know that when you export data using webgriddocumentexporter or excelexporter, it doesn't export templated columns. Futher, exporting doesn't work with HTTPS it seems. I have to have the solution or other ideas to solve these problems.

Any ideas how to take care of these. Infragistics team, do you have any suggestions please.

I appreciate your response. 

Thanks,

PK

Parents
No Data
    posted

PK,

The exporter is only one part of the package, and while it can handle most tasks, it does have its limitations as you noted.  You can use the DocumentEngine or the ExcelEngine to manually construct documents and worksheets, using the API's provided. Take a look at the documenation for the Infragistics.Excel namespace, and you'll see all of the classes and API's you have available to you - http://help.infragistics.com/Help/NetAdvantage/NET/2008.2/CLR3.5/html/Infragistics35.Excel.v8.2~Infragistics.Excel_namespace.html

Using the Excel engine, you can create a new Workbook, and then add a Worksheet to it.  From there, it's just a matter of creating fields, and putting data into the fields.  The same goes for PDF documents.  You would create a new "Report", and add sections and content to the report.

Take a look at the online sample for Exporting which demonstrates leveraging the exporting engines directly.

I don't recall any issues with exporting to HTTPS - can you explain in more detail the problem that you're running into? 

Regards,

-Tony

Children
No Data