Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebTab / WebGroupBox and IE "Operation Aborted" Error
posted

I seem to have a problem when I use the WebTab and/or the WebGroupBox.  Whenever I click clickable controls from time to time (1 out of every 5 clicks or so) I get an operation aborted error from IE and the page dies.  I have no way to trap this error and I can't recreate aside from just clicking a linkbutton over and over again until it happens (which doesn't take long).

I even put no code into the linkbutton in question so I'm positive it's not from the logic of that event, it's happening somewhere else on the page.  Has anybody got any thoughts on how to rememdy this?  I read one other post which talked about something with the mouse position and JavaScript causing a problem but I didn't see a resolution.  This issue is a make or break on whether I continue on with these controls.. I can't use something that breaks postbacks and can't be error handled, please help.  :P

posted
    I found the problem.  Skype's browser add-on was crashing the page (I'm guessing it tried to access the DOM before it existed, what a junky plugin).  Anyway, here's how I initially tested and fixed it:

Problem: Operation Aborted error in Internet Explorer

Solution: In IE, Click Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced Tab and then uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions"

If the above works, you know it's a 3rd party add-on causing the problem.  Now, you can go into your manage add-ons section under the tools menu and start disabling them one by one to find the offender.  In my case it was Skype... it was trying to parse the page (probably for phone numbers) before the DOM was ready which screwed up IE.  My theory is that the pages with lots of infragistics controls on them showed the issue more because the pages were much larger with the ViewState (therefore Skype, with it's parsing probably didn't wait until the whole page was loaded and zing... there's your IE error).