Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Fixed Header problem
posted

I want all columns to autofit the grid.  With the UltraWinGrid, there was a property called AutoFitStyle.  I'd set it to Resize all Columns.

In UltraWebGrid, is there any equivalent?

I found that by setting ColWidthDefault="" in the html source, it seems to have similar functionality.  However, I have grid where the first column in the grid is Fixed.  As soon as I set the column to fixed, all column headers except the fixed column collapse like an accordian (even thought the rows look normal).  As soon as you try to resize on of them, the column headers redraw and correct all columns(?????).  To fix that I manually set all Column widths but this causes the Column Header and the Rows to get out of alignment somehow.  Is there anything else I need to set or can do to fix this?

Here is how I set the fixed header in code.  

I have an UltraWebGrid that I am binding to a strongly typed dataset in code like this...

grid.DataSource = _ds;
grid.DataMember = "TableName";
grid.DataBind();

In code we setup the grid's layout like so

grid.DisplayLayout.UseFixedHeaders = true;

UltraGridColumn col = gridTransaction.Columns.FromKey("ColumnName");
 col.Header.Caption = "Transaction Type";
 col.AllowUpdate = Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.AllowUpdate.No;           
 col.Header.Fixed = true;
 col.Header.Style.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center;
 col.Width = Unit.Pixel(260);
 col.Move(0);

// Initialize TestMode column

col = grid.Columns.FromKey("ColumnName");
col.Header.Caption = "Test/Production";
col.Header.Style.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center;
col.Width = Unit.Pixel(100);
col.Move(1);

... all other columns created the same 

If I comment out the 2 fixed header lines, then the grid columns will autofit correctly. 

Parents Reply Children