Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDropDown not closing on select when EnableAnimations = True
posted

Infragistics.Web.v.13.2  13.2.20132.2077 (Feb 2014 service release)

I would expect the drop down to close on selection when EnableClosingDropDownOnSelect = True, regardless of the value of EnableAnimations.

However the drop down will only close when EnableAnimations is True.

I think the 13.2.20132.2028 service release worked as expected - I'm getting problems since updating...

Sample code:

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
  <title></title>
</head>
<body>
  <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:ScriptManager runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager>
      <ig:WebDropDown ID="WebDropDown1" runat="server" Width="200px">
        <Items>
          <ig:DropDownItem Selected="False" Text="Albatross" Value=""></ig:DropDownItem>
          <ig:DropDownItem Selected="False" Text="Blackbird" Value=""></ig:DropDownItem>
          <ig:DropDownItem Selected="False" Text="Cormorant" Value=""></ig:DropDownItem>
          <ig:DropDownItem Selected="False" Text="Dunnock" Value=""></ig:DropDownItem>
          <ig:DropDownItem Selected="False" Text="Eagle" Value=""></ig:DropDownItem>
        </Items>
      </ig:WebDropDown>     
  </form>
</body>
</html>

Public Class WebForm1
  Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
    WebDropDown1.EnableAnimations = False
    WebDropDown1.EnableClosingDropDownOnSelect = True
  End Sub

End Class

Verified Answer
    posted

Hello jonathanhartesg,

Issue "166043: The DropDown doesn't collapse when EnableAnimations="false"" has been addressed in service release versions ASP.NET_14.1.20141.1015, ASP.NET_13.2.20132.2109, ASP.NET_13.1.20131.2271.

The following additional notes have been provided regarding this issue:

When WebDropDown property "EnableAnimations" is set to false and when an item is clicked, then the drop down doesn't collapse.

This service release is now available under your account at the Infragistics Website. To download the service release, log in to ‘Account’ and select ‘Keys & Downloads’. Select the appropriate tab for this product; then the license key.  The available service releases (Hot Fixes) should now be listed on the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this matter.

posted

Hello Jonathanhartesg,

I have investigated your issue and, I have asked our engineering staff to examine this further.  To ensure that it will receive attention, I have logged this behavior in our internal tracking system with a Development ID of 154753.  The next step will be for a developer to review my investigation and confirm my findings or to offer a fix, or other resolution. 

I will leave this case open and update you with any new information after the review.  You can also continue to send updates to this case at any time.

Please let me know if you need more information.