Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
performance issues using manual loadondemand
posted

if I set the webtree's loadondemand to "manual" and wrap the control in an updatepanel, when I click on the node to expand, it takes a while to display the child nodes, even when there is only one child node. I think the reason is because it posts the all the existing tree content to the server asynchronously and gets it back everytime a node is expanded. in grid controls, we can put each row in nested updatepanel to control the data sent to the server, but in tree control I think there is nothing similar to this.

I have tried "manualsmartcallbacks", this performs lot better than the manual mode. but the drawback is that once displayed, the tree content is not accessible on the server. if I want to manually refresh a particular node based on the click of a button, then I have to do it on the client-side, the data is not available on the server.

Is there anyway to speed up the tree node display, but still manipulate the tree on the server-side?

I have tried a complete client-side solution for better performance, but it has its own drawbacks. the images specified in markup don't work, I need to fiddle with innerhtml to change the image. there is no showexpand property, I need to add a dummy node and collapse it and when user expands the node, remove the dummy node before adding the actual child nodes.

Please let me know if you have any solutions for the above issues. I am using netadvantage2007 version 7.1.

Thanks,

RK