Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
New to ASP.NET Page Refresh Question
posted

I have created a master page with a navigation area that contains a Tree View. The two nodes in the tree view have their navigation URL fields set to a different aspx pages. Within the content place holder for each page there is a script manager and an update panel. First.aspx contains a standard gridView control that is bound to a database inside the update panel. Second.aspx also contains a script manger as well as an update panel. Within the update panel is a WebDataGrid bound to a database.

When I execute the code and click on the node for First.aspx, the grid appears and populates without refreshing or blinking the page. When I click on the node for Second.aspx, the WebDataGrid appears with data but the entire page refreshes or blinks. It does not seem to matter what Infragistics control I use in the update panel for Second.aspx, it always refreshes or blinks the entire page when I access the page. If I place a standard Visual Studio 2010 control within the update panel and access the page, the page does not blink.

What am I missing? Why do pages with Infragistics controls cause the page to blink and standard ASP.NET controls do not?

Thanks,

Scott

Parents Reply Children
No Data