Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to dynamically add and bind report parameters
posted

This is somewhat a continuation of a previous question:

http://es.infragistics.com/community/forums/t/72129.aspx

The root of the problem is that the user entry options for parameters seems extremely limited so I am forced to manually create input controls to function the way need them to and then pass in those parameters to the report for processing. Here is what I have done so far:

1. I have the user select the report from a drop down. This drop down is populated from a webservice call that lists a name and path to the report.
  2. Once the report is selected I load the xml, and parse it for the included parameters.
  3. For each parameter I create an appropriate control such as a textbox for string, datepickers for datetimes and add them to my form.
  4. Also, for each parameter in the report I create a Parameter and add it to the ReportViewer control
  5. Then I try to bind the newly created control to the newly created parameter

The problem is that I am not able to bind the new control to the Parameter.ParameterValue. Perhaps I have done something wrong. Is there a sample that demonstrates this? Is this an appropriate approach to accomplish my goals or is there a better way? 

Parents
No Data
Reply Children
No Data