Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
scrolling XamGrid with custom editable comboBoxColumn
posted

Hallo, i implemented a custom editable comboBoxColumn in XamGrid according to the blog http://blogs.infragistics.com/blogs/devin_rader/archive/2010/07/08/creating-custom-columns-for-xamgrid.aspx by Devin Rader.

in the provided solution, there is the ComboBoxColumn class together with the  ComboBoxColumnContentProvider. I have made a little viewmodel hierachy where every row (every ComboBoxColumn) in the xamgrid has it's own viewmodel instance.

As you can see when you run the application, everything is doing ok so far. After scrolling up and down the problem begins. Then the internal XamComboEditor somehow looses the binding for the selected item, when clicking on the ComboEditor cells.

Refreshing the bindings in the overrided AdjustDisplayElement(Cell cell) works better, but still, if you scroll and click on a cell, often the selected item is gone. (when it is clicked a second time without scrolling before, the selected item is shown properly).

Also what is irritating,  the EmptyText is not shown in the the internal XamComboEditor.

Is there another method to override? where should i refresh the bindings? Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

Thomas

CustomComboEditorColumn.zip