Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How do I manually show the SelectedGroupPopup?
posted

I am using the XamOutlookBar for silverlight.

I would like to set up events so that when the the xamoutlookbar is minimized and the user clicks on a group header icon, that the popup for that group is displayed.

This is similar to the behavior that already exists when the user clicks on the navigation bar.

Any ideas?

posted

Hi,

Sorry for the late response, but if you still have not find a solution for implementing that, here I am suggestiong you the following solution. You should use command for when selecting a group. So the code as it follows:

Let assume that is my XamOutlookBar

<ig:XamOutlookBar x:Name="xamOutlookBar" Height="400" Width="400" SelectedGroupChanging="EventHandler_Selection">
                <ig:XamOutlookBar.Groups>
                    <ig:OutlookBarGroup Header="A" Content="AAAAAAAAA"></ig:OutlookBarGroup>
                    <ig:OutlookBarGroup Header="B" Content="BBBBBBBBB"></ig:OutlookBarGroup>
                    <ig:OutlookBarGroup Header="C" Content="CCCCCCCCC"></ig:OutlookBarGroup>
                    <ig:OutlookBarGroup Header="D" Content="DDDDDDDDD"></ig:OutlookBarGroup>
                    <ig:OutlookBarGroup Header="E" Content="EEEEEEEEE"></ig:OutlookBarGroup>
                    <ig:OutlookBarGroup Header="F" Content="FFFFFFFFF"></ig:OutlookBarGroup>
                </ig:XamOutlookBar.Groups>
            </ig:XamOutlookBar>
    and the handler for SelectionGroupChanging is as follows 
    private void EventHandler_Selection(object sender, SelectedGroupChangingEventArgs e)
            {
                if (this.xamOutlookBar.IsMinimized)
                {
                    Commanding.SetCommand(e.NewSelectedOutlookBarGroup, new XamOutlookBarCommandSource()
                    {
                        EventName = "MouseLeftButtonUp",
                        CommandType = XamOutlookBarCommand.ShowPopup,
                        Target = this.xamOutlookBar,
                    });
                }
            }

Note that the Popup will open on double click! Please respond if you have any other questions. Thank you!

Regards,
    Nikola.