Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
A few questions and potential issues.
posted

Hi there,

I am in the process of attempting to create some Infragistics Reports and have a few issues that I cannot seem to resolve. I am sure these can all be done, as they are pretty simple and quite fundamental requirements of a reporting tool;

Firstly, I am attempting to control some of the information displayed in the report header. I have tried using fields from the main data source used in the report and using first(xxx) but neither of these approaches seem to work. I cannot find an example of this in the sample projects but I am sure there must be a way of doing it. Can you please give me a pointer as to how I can achieve this?

Secondly, in many reports that I will need to produce, there is a requirement to have optional fields listed. I can create the contents of these fields in the data set at run time but I am not clear on how to handle totalling on them. I need the option to turn totals on or off depending on the field type. If I was doing this is crystal, I would simply pass a flag to the report and use this to determine if the subtotal should be calculated or not. Is there a way to do something similar in Infragistics Reporting?

Thirdly, within the application I am developing there are many reports that can be grouped by one of several different fields in the report. The user needs to be able to select the field that is used for grouping. Can you please let me know how to set the grouping field at runtime?

Lastly, with other WPF components developers can modify the XAML directly. I notice that the reports are stored in a XAML format. Will developers be able to use a XAML editor for the released version of Infragistics Reports? It would be a shame if developers were limited to just the designer.

Many thanks for your help.

Tim.

P.S.

Any idea on a release date?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Tim,

It has been a while since you have made your post, in case you still need support I will be glad to assist you further. I suppose the other community members can benefit from this answer as well. I have been looking into your post and I suggest you read this articles from our online documentation:

http://help.infragistics.com/NetAdvantage/reporting/2011.2/CLR4.0?page=How_to_Work_with_Parameters.html

where it is explained how to work with parameters and change your queries run-time. Also I can say that you can only modify your Report via the Designer and the product has already been shipped in version 11.2.

Feel free to write me if you have further questions.

Children
No Data