Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Report Parameters?
posted

I'd like to put some info on the footer of each page, such as date of execution (which I found in Global Variables) and username for the user running the report - this is where I am having trouble.

I'm using object data sources for my reports.  I tried creating a secondary "report info" object data source and pulling the userID from that and placing it in the page footer, but the field was not displayed when the report was run.  The field did display fine if I placed it in the body of the report.

Do I need to use the report parameters to display info in page headers/footers?  In addition to user ID, I'd like to include some info such as the parameters that were chosen by the user (in my application, which triggered the generation of the report). 

I was somewhat confused by the documentation regarding parameters inside the reports and what exactly they would be used for.