Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Neither RowSelectionChanged nor Selection.RowSelectionChanged is fired on PostBack
posted

I can not make WebDataGrid to fire any of these events on PostBack.

Scenario is pretty simple.

In CreateChildControls I add UpdatePanel and add WebDataGrid into it

UpdatePanel container = new UpdatePanel { ID = "c", ChildrenAsTriggers = true };
        this.Controls.Add(container);

this.grid1 = new WebDataGrid
        {
            ID = "grid1",
            EnableAjax = false,
            EnableAjaxViewState = false,
            EnableViewState = false
        };

container.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(this.grid1);

this.grid1.Behaviors.Add(new Selection
        {
            RowSelectType = SelectType.Single,
            CellClickAction = CellClickAction.Row,
            Enabled = true
        });
        this.grid1.RowSelectionChanged += grid1_RowSelectionChanged;
        this.grid1.Behaviors.Selection.RowSelectionChanged += Selection_RowSelectionChanged;
        this.grid1.Behaviors.Selection.AutoPostBackFlags.RowSelectionChanged = true;

Then I add columns manually and populate grid with my data (this.grid1.DataSource = ds; this.grid1.DataBind();). I tried to do this (add columns & DataBind) in Page_Load and in CreateChildControls methods and did not succseed in any of them?

Watching postback arguments I noticed changes and can determine row index from here(bold below)

grid1_clientState = [[null,[[[[[5]],[],null],[null,null],[null]],[[null,[],null],[{},[{}]],null],[[null,[],null],[{"1":[6,[{"index":1,"key":[1]}]]},

but I do not think it is the way it should work.

Can anyone suggest how WebDataGrid  should properly be populated with custom data to make at least one of RowSelectionChanged events fire?

Or what flags/options/settings are missing?

Version I'm using: 10.3 SR2120 for ASP.Net

P.S.

I looked through these posts

http://news.infragistics.com/forums/p/58009/295833.aspx
http://community.infragistics.com/forums/p/54773/282447.aspx

and did not find anything helpful there unfortunately.