Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
AppStyling clashing with custom .css
posted

Hello.

The web designer in our shop uses a custom style sheet for the entire site.

As a result IG controls are clashing with this sheet.

For example, UltraWebMenu's menu items don't render correctly because the designer has specific styles set for tr's and td's:

tr, td{font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color : #333;}

As a result, when I enable Application Styling and set it to Nautils, the background color is the blue color from Nautilus, but the text is black and the subitems are offset to the right about 5 px.

How do I work with this?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

posted

Just a quick follow-up - might be useful for others if they encounter the same problem.- the following thread gives some interesting informatin on how to resolve CSS / AppStyling problems with inherited styles - you can use IE Developer Toolbar or the FireFox FireBug plugin to find which classes are applied on which items

http://forums.infragistics.com/forums/t/5814.aspx 

Hope this helps. 

posted

Yes, since the menu items essentially render is table cells (<td> tags) all global page CSS settings for TDs are cascaded for all td cells, including menu item text. In this case, I believe you can manually edit the Nautilis theme, for example the igmn_NautilisItem style, and manually force different font settings for items. You can use the CSS !important! reserved keyword to make sure the setting sticks to this element and no parent values are inherited.

For example: 

.igmn_NautilusItem
    {
        background-color:Transparent;
        border:solid 1px Transparent;
        height: 20px;
        cursor:hand;

color:red !important;

}