Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Can't enter umlauts into XamComboEditor with autocomplete
posted

I have  a simple autocompleting editable dropdown. It does not accept umlauts (äöåü) from keyboard. If I copy-paste the character, then it will be entered and autocompleted.

Selecting items with keyboard is also broken, one can't select an item without writing a letter first. The letter also must be the first one of entry, if one has "Contains" comparision operator, you can't select any item with keybord.

Setup:

Loaded += (s, e) => {

xamAutoComp.DataContext = (from str in new[] { "auli", "ääni", "paakayttaja", "pääkäyttäjä" }                                            select new SWrap { Data = str }).ToList();            };

public class SWrap { public string Data { get; set; } }

xaml:

<ig:XamComboEditor 

Name="xamAutoComp" Width="160" Height="22"

ItemsSource="{Binding}"            

CustomValueEnteredAction="Allow"

EmptyText="Empty"

IsEditable="True"

AutoComplete="True"

DisplayMemberPath="Data"            

AllowFiltering="True">            

<ig:XamComboEditor.CustomItemsFilter>

<ig:ItemsFilter>

<ig:ItemsFilter.Conditions>                        

<ig:ComparisonCondition Operator="Contains" />

</ig:ItemsFilter.Conditions>

</ig:ItemsFilter>

</ig:XamComboEditor.CustomItemsFilter>

</ig:XamComboEditor>

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi,

these seem like bugs. I have created a support case on your behalf so you could track the progress on the issues - Case ID: CAS-67495-96X5CT.

The internal development items are  #79251(Selecting an item using "Enter" key is not working when CustomValueAction is set to Allow) and #79255(XamComboEditor does not accept umlaut(äöåü) symbols when entered through the keyboard).

Thanks for your feedback. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Children
No Data