Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Value based conditional formatting
posted

Hello there,

I'm aware of the conditional formatting coloring techniques found in the documentation (CellControlAttached handling), but I cannot seem to find a way to color a cell based on some other cell’s value.

For example, I have 2 measures in my pivot grid: Sale and Cost. I calculate the profit based on a simple formula: Profit = Sale-Cost (the Profit is not a measure, just an inner field).

My requirement is to modify the ‘Sale’ cell values of the grid by the following business rules:

-          If the profit (Sale – Cost value) exceeds 25%+, highlight the Sale cell values with a green color

-          If the profit is less, color the Sale cells with a blue color

My problem is that I cannot find a way to retrieve the ‘Cost cell value’ of a given ‘Sale cell value’. I could have scenarios where there's more dimensions in the pivot and also Date fields that drill down to month-view and expand them. In this cases, the Sale and Cost cells are not near each other and I need to find their related values: Sale and Cost in 2011/5.

Is there a way to achive this?

Parents
No Data
Reply Children
No Data