Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Infragistics causes VS2010 to hang in XAML designer
posted

I am using Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and Silverlight 4 on 64 bit Win 7 SP1.

I'm using version 10.3.20103.2065 of the libraries.

Whenever I open the XAML designer in one of my projects when the XAML contains elements from Infragistics the designer hangs.  It never recovers and I have to force Visual Studio to quit.  I am using the XamWebChart, XamZoombar, and XamDataChart in this project.

I don't know specifically what is causing this.  I can't trace it back to a specific control or change in the code. I know that this is really a problem with Visual Studio because it shouldn't ever hang indefinitely as a result of user code, BUT when it hangs it is always executing code provided by Infragistics Silverlight Data Visualization.  Only the design view makes this happen, editing the XAML with the design view collapsed is usually OK.

I'm attaching a couple of screen shots.  Notice that the Main Thread is hung executing in "Infragistics.Silverlight.Chart.AxisPaneHorizontal.InitializeLabels()"

Has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix?

Offline posted

Hello,

It has been a while since you have made your post, in case you still need support I will be glad to assist you further. I suppose the other community members can benefit from this answer as well. I have been looking into your post, but I wasn’t able to reproduce your behavior, so I suggest you reinstall the Infragistics product and download the latest service release. You can download it by logging to our web site and going to My IG \My Keys and Downloads.

Feel free to write me if you have further questions.