Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
onBlur for the WebCombo not found/working 8.1.20081.1000
posted

I can't seem to find a way client side for the webcombo to trigger a funtion when the control loses focus usually this is the blur() or onblur() ... anyone have any ideas... it works for focus

function ddlFocus() { Log("WebCombo1:Focus"); }

var ddl = igcmbo_getComboById("WebCombo1");

ddl.focus = ddlFocus; //this works

Parents
No Data
    posted

I ran into this issue...here's what appears to be working for me....caveats: It's only tested for use with editable combos, and the code is only tested in IE. There's a crossbrowser attachEvent function at http://phrogz.net/JS/AttachEvent_js.txt that may be useful if you need to work in FF or downlevel browsers.

The webcombo uses an input control internally....the basic idea is to get a reference to that input control and attach an event handler to it's onblur event.  

var ctl = igcmbo_getComboById(comboID);

if (ctl && ctl.Editable)
        {
    var box = ctl.getInputBox();
          box.attachEvent(
    "onblur",cboOnBlur);
         }

Next is the handling function....

function cboOnBlur(oEvent)
       {//get the id of the event source
    var srcID = oEvent.srcElement.id;
    //since the event source is actually the input control, we need to tweak the id to get the reference to the webcombo
    var cbo = igcmbo_getComboById(srcID.substr(0,srcID.length - 6));

}

If you were thinking of using

cbo.attributes.add("onblur","myfunction(param,param2);") 

forget it, Infragistics ignores your request - they always write a call to their own onblur handler into the event handler.

igcmbo_onblur(oEvent, webComboId) 

Children
No Data