Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Canceled DeleteRow event loosing TemplatedColumn info
posted

I have a templated column that shows a usercontrol inside it. When the user types inside the control, hidden cells (three of them) get loaded with the data. Everything works fine until I delete a row (fires DeleteRow) but the event is cancelled on the server because of a business rule. I set e.Cancel = true and the deleted row reappeares, but the data is missing in my custom control (but it is present in the auxiliary hidden cells). I found out it's because the InitializeRow event does not get fired (that's where I load the data into my control when getting it from the database). So I tried moving my code to PreRender, but then I found out that when I get my control using

For Each grRow As UltraGridRow In Me.Rows

cellCak = grRow.Cells.FromKey(

"field")

cak =

DirectCast(DirectCast(DirectCast(cellCak.Column, TemplatedColumn).CellItems(grRow.Index), CellItem).FindControl("controlName"), MyControl)

the control I get belongs to a different row! I think the problem is in CellItems(grRow.Index) may use the index PRIOR to rendering, but Me.Rows has different indexes (this is just a theory.

Anyway, how do I solve this problem? All I want to do is set back the values the user entered... ;(