Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Pop up upon Navigating out of an area
posted

Hi there

I would like to  implement a pop up warning the user of lost of data or prompting to save before navigating. This is quite similar to the way Gmail warns you when you navigate out of a messgae while its being composed.

My screen is divided to frames in the same way as the demo application.

1 - Can I use the onblur on the body of the right panel? I know this would work with js but not sure about getting to a listener method in a bean.

2 -  How can I get a pop up alert to the user? Ideally a customised html page but a system alert popup should be fine for now.

Thanks in advance

Shai 

posted

Hello Shai,

You can use the onclose event on the right frame to trigger an event for confirmation, or click on a button to prompt if they want to save a lot of data. OnClose also lets you cancel navigation, so if the user choose that he/she wants to save data before navigation, you can save the data and then let them continue navigation.

Regarding a popup alert, please check our upcoming release (due in April) and you will find something that can help you with it Smile.

Hope this helps.

-Taz.