Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Retrieving Cell information with a Hierarchical Dataset
posted

I'm looking for a little help on retrieving cell text in the UltraWebGrid v8 control when using a relational DS when the grid is Hierarchical.

What I have is a master grid of customers that when expanded has a hierarchical grid of orders each customer has made.  When the user clicks on a cell in the grid I want to retrieve the information in the next cell along with the cell that was selected.

In the UG1_Click function retrieving the cell that was selected was the easy part.

Dim resultID as string

resultID = e.Cell.Text

Now selecting the text in the cell before the one that was selected I'm having a slight issue.

I've tried.

Dim resultID2 as string

resultID2 = UG1(e.Row, e.Column - 1)  

I recieve the following error. "'Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.UltraWebGrid' cannot be indexed because it has no default property."

I've also tried resultID2 = e.Row.Cells(2).tostring to try to grab a specific cell in the collection but result in an error Object reference not set.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm just trying to grab the cell text in front of the cell that was clicked.

Thanks,

-Scott